May 19, 2011

Thirsty Thursday

As I trudge through the last 1.5 weeks of my real job before summer vacation begins-- I will be returning to my roots: sharing things I love, drinks I wish I were drinking (poolside), and products that I am obsessed with, and I hope to get dressed once or twice.  I hope you enjoy, little chickens.


Here's a beverage that I am super duper looking forward to making this (or any) Thursday evening:
Drink Recipe found here
Blackberry Bourbon Sour
For one drink... but let's be honest, you'll want to 5x this recipe :)
2 ounces high-quality bourbon whiskey (Tuthilltown, Makers Mark, or Bulleit)
2⁄3 ounces lemon juice 5 fresh blackberries, plus 3 for garnish 1 teaspoon superfine sugar (or simple syrup) Fresh mint
❶ In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, blackberries, and sugar. Shake well. As you shake, the blackberries will get mashed and flavor the drink.
Pour in glass, and garnish if you want... but I just drink my down! Enjoy!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. i can taste it already!!! looks so refreshing. yes, please!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the drink recipe to take me into the weekend...definitely gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  like, oh em gee.... that looks like heaven in a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh girl. Now I'm thirrrsty! Feel free to make a Dani version of a Thirsty Thursday post entitled Sunday Funday and including the perfect Bloody Mary! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon juice, whiskey, and sugar? Winning. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall have to do my research! I do love a good Sunday Funday, myself :) 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to crush ice, just so I can have a similar experience. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Let me know how it goes! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will eat PB&J for a week, just to buy the best drink ingredients! 

    ReplyDelete
  10.  Anything with the words bourbon and sour make me giddy! Add blackberry - WHEW - Trifecta of amazing. Will there be unicorns with this? 

    prettyinandout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good stuff! I finally tried it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.