April 12, 2013

Denim & Paisley

 {paisley printed dress: charter club via Gwynnie Bee | denim jacket: jc penney | boots: nine west | belt: lane bryant}

This dress is normally something I would never pick out! It's a little too preppy and the real test of that was wearing it to work and the certain people who LOVED it! It is so funny to me!  The preppy dressers totally adored the print and the cut.  I'm a paisley fan, sure, so I took a chance with it by putting it in my closet on Gwynnie Bee.  I loved wearing it with the boots and the denim jacket, and it was fun playing prep for a day! Now, I won't define my every day style in to one certain genre, but I think I like my preppiness to just be a dash or a sprinkle in the outfit.
Do you define your closet with one word? Or do you make up an ensemble with a dash of this and a dollop of that?  Tell me, my chickens!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Great denim jacket!!

    http://cbijicollection.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my first time to own one and they are WAY more versatile that I thought!

      Delete
  2. I love my denim jacket. I've been topping off all of my outfits with it lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I love layering, and it's the quintessential item for spring!

      Delete
  3. getting dressed is very much like putting together a recipe: Add a cup of sass, a dash of attitude and simmer with confidence & voila!! Looks great!
    Meg
    msmayg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's so cute. But I don't think I'd like the dress nearly as much without the jacket and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's so cute. But I don't think I'd like the dress nearly as much without the jacket and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look great!! I like how you put the outfit together. But I'm with you, I like to have little dashes of "prep" to my look. I would call myself "eclectic". I like to pair things unexpectedly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look really lovely in this printed dress! such vibrant colours!

    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com
    {check out my latest post at Fashion Week Sydney}

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.