August 12, 2011

works of art


It's official! I love going to art shows.  Whether I know the artist or not, I love dressing up, drinking wine, and looking at art.  It's the second best thing to margaritas and karaoke.
My friend's husband recently had a prominent local show and a huge group turned out and it was amazing.  I got the best statement necklace recently, and it was a steal at $14! I love it.  Expect to see it super often.  School starts back in the next week, so look forward (hopefully) for daily outfits returning after my summer off.  I am ready for full on teacher mode.  
{dress, belt, necklace: dots | shoes: payless | hair: frizzy | nailpolish: essie clambake}
Oh- and look who is a work of art: ME!
Excuse the water hose, I was shooting at my sister's house.
I used to HATE the shirts/dresses with cut outs on the sleeves, but I fell in LOVE with this dress and I think I might just be a superfan now.
Some BFFs at the show :)
Have a merry weekend xoxoxo
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I don't know what dots is... but I know that I want to go to there! Love your necklace and dress and shoes and hair and face! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last pic :) You all look so pretty!! And that dress is awesome!

    savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah, you're a "work of art!" :) lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anja_AHeartandSoulStoryAugust 13, 2011 at 8:09 AM

    loving the dress!! you look stunning in it. The print is just awesome and works so well with that necklace. If only I could pull off such daring patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love going to art openings or museum exhibit openings for the exact same reason (except drinking wine; i'm not a fan.. gasp, i know!). but i really like the dress and the necklace together! both are adorable.

    xo, Jill
    http://jillybeanstalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so fine! This opening had lemonade and beer to choose from as well :) Thanks so much, Jill! I fell instantly in love with this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally could rock this pattern! It's like webs and stripes! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me blush, Laura Lou! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Savanny! Nothing beats dressing up and having fun with the gal pals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dots is kinda like those cheap (semi-ghetto) stores where it's mostly club wear but you can find some decent pieces. I like it because I have one of a kind pieces that no one else has! It's my little shopping paradise secret!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress is so cute! I love it. I have never been to an art exhibit opening or a museum opening, sounds like it would be fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never, ever been to an art show, but I should really go to one, huh? You look beautiful and that dress is perfection! LOVE the necklace, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks doll! You should try to make one, whether it is a big show or a little one-- it's always educational and inspirational:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU SHOULD! I am sure there are a hundred awesome galleries near you! Check it out and let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like fun! And that dress....love love it. I fell in love w a shirt similar to that a while back....which reminds me...I wonder where that thing went.....

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.