September 19, 2011

{DIY: Jewelry Pin Board}

I was having a bit of trouble keeping all of my statement necklaces and long jewelry organized and in sight.  I saw this pin on Pinterest :
via Pinterest
 I knew it would keep this merrymaker's jewelry in the right place.
I also had a bulletin board in my closet that needed a facelift.  Here we go!

Pretty easy steps:
1. Pick some fab fabric.
 I went for a tribal pattern.  Obvi! Depending on your size of bulletin board you may need anywhere from 1 yard to a 1.25 yards.


2. Spread fabric taut over bulletin board 
& pin/staple fabric along border.  I used these push pins from Target ($2.99) because they are pretty :)  Then use a sharp knife or exacto knife to cut off extra fabric along the sides.
3. HANG ON THE WALL! :)
4. Use more pins to hang jewelry in whatever order you'd like!
5. ENJOY and more importantly... 
Accessorize. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. cool beans, bekah! i have these handing in my closet, too! makes life much easier...no need for untangling all the chains!! i should add some pretty fabric to mine!

    [oomph.]
    Blogaversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, I love your version better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Great DIY !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.