April 25, 2011

easter eggs & coconut

I can't believe I spent my groundbreaking, milestone of my 100th post on Saturday
talking on and on about bicycles and basketball.
What a bummer.
I will make up for it now... second thought...
 Don't hold me to that.

This is my Easter themed outfit, I didn't try too hard, but I admit I spotted this cardigan at Old Navy during their clearance extravaganza and it makes me sooooo happy.
So I did combine ruffles, florals, and pleats.
THE TRIFECTA!
Remember how I was raving about pleats and then ended up owning some?
This was a skirt I have owned since before I started college... thank you Isaac Mizrahi for your acclamation for elastic waistbands, you come in handy on holidays that center on deviled eggs and sugary treats. 
Also, to be honest... This cardigan was peeled off after these pictures because it is out of control hot and humid here, and I was melllllttttinnnngggg. It's going to be a rough summer.
Did you guys have the most wonderful Easter ever? 
We kinda mixed traditions today with margaritas (!!!!) for lunch, family dinner, 
and coconut cake.  
I hate coconut. 
 Does your family ever repeatedly ignore you when it comes to desserts? 
Oh, they knoooooow I don't like it.  That never stops them.
Meanie-heads.

Enjoy your Easter Monday, well I will... I don't have work or school today.
I'll be lounging and studying for Exam #1.
The countdowns are on:
graduation: 12 days!
royal wedding: FOUR DAYS!
my birthday: 44 days (okay, I'm a BIT ahead of myself here... but just so you know-- it's coming!)
the only egg i got to decorate this year... so i did it big :)



Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. I love your skirt! And I also hate coconut, so I hear ya. My mom seems to remember that my brother hates sweet potatoes, but she always forgets that I hate carrots and celery. I guess I wasn't as dramatic about it growing up. But hors d'oeuvres I don't like are not as big of a bummer as coconut cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate sweet potatoes too! I mean, that's it... I like everything else, so why is it so hard? Haha, drama, drama, drama! Big dessert let-down. Hope you had a super Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this entire post. I want all of your clothes. Give them to me, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably my favorite of your outfits so far! A skirt tucked into an a-line skirt is always a winner in my book...and you included a floral print! I die!!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! That skirt is amazing


    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you ... you're hilarious! ... and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No you're cute... okay, we can share :) Thanks for stopping by, hope to see ya again sooooon! I'm funnier in the middle of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, girl! I wear it under dresses and feel like a princess.. I'm glad I found it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! Thanks, Lidi!! That means a whole bunch! Can't turn down a floral!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE!
    And ditto on coconut. The only exceptions for me however are in pina coladas and this amazing sorbet by Ciao Bella. But at least you had Margaritas!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, a margarita cake would have been wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! I love your Easter outfit - perfect pieces. The mustache egg is to die for!!! LOVE IT!!! :)

    Meggy from Chasing Davies

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, LOVE this outfit! My favorite by far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a perfect Easter outfit! Love the pastels :)

    Ha, my 100th post was the other day, too. I spent it lamenting over what to wear this weekend... not exactly monumental or inspirational. At least we're staying true to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute, bekah! absolutely love the mix here...the spring (or easter) colors + pleats + florals! glad you had a nice time with family! ok, 2nd difference...i LOVE coconut! lol.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVEEEE this outfit! I want the whole thing! And your awesome mustache egg too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooooh thanks lady! It's weird how when I try less, I am more pleased with the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Meggy! Had to bring some fun to Easter time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe we did this, we should vamp it up and make our 105th posts like OUT OF THIS WORLD! We will make new rules.. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. coconut = evil. okay well i still think we are more alike than different as of right now! time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks girl! I felt super girly and I loved it! Thanks, the egg was fun tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOOOOOOVE coconut. Mmm. Send me leftovers!
    I love the trifecta even MORE than I love coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a BRILLIANT idea. Can we seriously collaborate on this?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best Easter egg ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this great Easter outfit. Such pretty colors and paired so well together. Hope you had a great holiday girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks!! I really did have a good one, hope you did as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're outfit is so perfect for Easter..I love your style and truly do enjoy reading all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Marina, you just made my little ole heart SMILE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anja_AHeartandSoulStoryApril 26, 2011 at 3:27 PM

    gosh, you look super cute in this outfit! Very easter stylish!! Love yellow on you. You got the perfect skin tone for it. I just look sick when I wear yellow, you can really pull it off!! And love that flower in your hair in the last picture!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.