January 23, 2011

happy 3rd birthday ozzy!

yes, i am the kind of girl who throws her dog birthday parties.  But only so he can get presents and eat doggie cake and see his doggie friends.

but yes i admit it was fun for me, too.

I made this dog cake from scratch, made of ingredients safe for dogs, and it was a total hit.

cup white or whole wheat flour 
tsp baking soda 
1/4 cup peanut butter 
1/4 cup vegetable oil 
1 cup shredded carrots 
tsp vanilla 
1/3 cup honey 
1 egg





Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C), Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes, Frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator. 
The birthday boy, Ozzy, and his guests enjoyed the cake VERY much.



Don't worry, the adults had their own sweets.  I made these funfetti cupcakes with paw prints to satisfy the human palates. And how much fun is my new cupcake tree?



The party wore out this guy, I think it was a hit!



I highly recommend trying this recipe for your the canine love of YOUR life.  You won't be disappointed.  Hope you all had a swell weekend!  Best wishes, xx B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.