February 9, 2012

daiquiri daydreams + dressy duds

{dress: dots | tights: tj maxx | shoes: LB | necklace: crack in the walk | blazer: old navy}
like the necklace? buy one here.



One of my good good friends (Hi, Amber!) invited me to go to Mardi Gras with her in a few weeks! I am so excited.  We are going to Mobile, AL for the parades and then to NOLA for Fat Tuesday!  New Orleans is one of my favorite places to be.. I love the sights, sounds, drive thru hurricane shops, etc etc! For the next 9 days (yes, I am counting down...) I will be in preparation for planning the perfect outfits to take along!

The best part? We are going to be IN the parades! We are riding a float, with a pirate theme!
Ahoy there, matey!  How many pairs of shoes will I need for a 4 day trip?!?
Laissez les bon temps roulez! 

Oh... and I got dressed up today for no reason.  Good outfit = good mood.

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so jealous you're going to Mardi Gras! If you see my husband, Drew Brees, tell him I said hello! ;) Also, with regards to your outfits, you can never go wrong with purple, green and gold accessories with a LBD or black top and jeans (depending on how casual you're dressing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least 6 pair. Awww well hopefully I will see you in the parades, we will be down there for a day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six pair? CHECK! It's going to be so much fun! The hard part is focusing at work for the next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to stock up on the purple, green, and gold accessories!!!! Thanks!! Oh, and I'll tell #9 you say HEEEYYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look really stunning in that dress! the blazer compelments it really well. And have fun on your trip : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. a good outfit DEFINITELY puts me in a good mood! Love the dress, Bekah! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perhaps my favorite of all your outfits, except the yellow dress I love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Laura! It's one of my favorite dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's weird how over-dressing gives me endorphins or something... hey I think I have something there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza, thanks Kate! And that reminds me that I need to get that other dress out of the closet and style it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ew I need to go to DOTS! And Mardi Gras. I'm really kind of incredibly jealous, FYI. Tell Brad Pitt & Ellen DeGeneres I said wassup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stumbled on your blog, hello from a New Orleans fashion blogger. :) Have fun on Fat Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.