February 1, 2012

good news + (kinda sorta) bad news

Good news/Bad news... 
Which to share first?
GOOD NEWS, obviously!
I am so (so so so so so so) excited that that it is February.  I really was not a fan of January, and the second month of 2012 offers much more promise in my eyes!  Now that I have my own wheels (more on that below)... I can get back in a OOTD routine.  But to be honest, living out of a suitcase for 2 weeks didn't leave much to capture.
via
Buying a new car was a tumultuous experience, and with lots of patience and kindness from my family (and my employers) I finally found one to bring home!
Loosing the Jeep was a hard thing, especially when it was so unexpected, but I am completely prepared to welcome the Pilot in to my life with open arms (and hopefully less gas money)
top: new car, honda pilot. bottom left: promising fortune, bottom right: bye bye jeep

I guess the (kinda sorta) bad news is served with a sprinkle of good on top. 
 (What can I say? I'm a die hard optimist)
I am so (so so so so so so) poor after this month of a wreck/insurance/new car/down payments!
I expected it, of course, but boy does it sting when you check those balances!
I plan on diving in to DIY and recipes to improve and simplify my life in the time I have without shopping or going out to dinner/drinks/brunch/lunch/coffee (I have a problem) to distract me.  I'm going to tackle that bathroom organization that I have been so fervently 'pinning' about... Clean out my closet, maybe sell or donate some things that haven't left the closet in a year... I have high high hopes for Fun February (yep, I'm giving it a name!) and I can't wait for you to follow along with me!
XOXO,
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Jess{The In-Between}February 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM

    Your poor jeep. :(
    I need to do a closet purge and either donate/sell on e-bay. Maybe we can swap some stuff for some fun/free new variety. Thoughts?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new header is beautiful and I'm so sorry about the accident. That sucks. I'm glad you found a new ride and eventually the finances will be back to normal. I look forward to the DIY's and the recipes! Two of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you seriously got that as a fortune cookie?! That is too awesome! I'm very happy for you and glad you are free to roam the streets on your own time again.
    I love your DIY Pinterest board! Oh my gosh, you are going to have so much fun with all that. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you found a car and that you are looking on the bright side! I am sure with your wardrobe you can make some cash on the pieces you don't need. Growing up sometimes sucks but you are right there is always a bright side. Thinkin of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I wanted a Dodge caliber so bad, but everyone we found either was too much $$, too many miles, or had visible wreck damage.  BUMMER! It just wasn't meant to be.  But I am excited about this Honda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fortune, right? HA!  I need to tackle some of those DIYs for sure!  Life is more enjoyable when you are surrounded by pretty things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I hope in this time of being broke, I just learn to be more thrifty.
    DIYs and recipes, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We should totally do a accessory swap! My clothes and shoes would swallow you up and eat you for dinner, but I have tons of purses and scarves and all that stuff that is just not being used! I need to free up some space, so I can actually see it all and be more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess{The In-Between}February 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM

    I do not think your clothes would swallow me up you goof. Send any old sweaters my way. Accessories/scarves/etc would be fun. Lets do a closet purge and see what we come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you found a new car (but, sorry about the Jeep).  Hope you post some of your DIY projects!! Looking forward to Fun February!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy! Thanks so much! Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful FUN FEB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new ride!!! But yes. Being a grown up stinks. I, too, hate this. 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bekah, congrats on the new car! I am totally looking forward to your new DIY posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay to the new car! i was a year away from paying off my car when i totalled it...GAH! had to get a new car, which wasn't in the plan + 5 more years of payments! finally paid that one off last year. such a relief to get rid of that payment. but guess what...now there are minis' tuition payments!! never ending.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete

Hi, chickens! Thanks for visiting and share a comment or two! I respond to all comments, so check back if you have any questions.