February 21, 2012

Guest Post: The Daily Dani

Since I am letting the good times roll in New Orleans for a few days, I asked some of my closest blogging buddies to share a post with my little chickens.  Heeeeeeeere's Dani!
- - - - -


Happy Mardi Gras, Chickens!

My name is Dani - nice to meet ya! I'm so excited to be here keeping y'all company while my B(logging)BFF Bekah is off enjoying herself and a few too many hurricane cocktails out in NOLA! Let me tell you a bit about myself before we continue...

I have my own little fashion blog, The Daily Dani! I post daily outfit photos, weekly blogger features, and the occasional celeb fashion update! I've been blogging for a little over a year, and I absolutely love it! Not only has it helped my style to evolve exponentially, but I've made some amazing friends - like Miss Bekah! - through the blogosphere!

I'm 25, I live in Orange County, CA, and I'm a preschool teacher! I love: seafoam green, Sex & The City, baby dinosaurs, Pinterest, The Beatles, anything Native American-inspired, and leopard print!


In honor of Fat Tuesday, I put together a little purple, green, and gold inspired outfit to wear over here in So Cal.

{Tunic, Scarf, & Watch: Nordstrom | Fleece-lined leggings: Anthropologie | Socks: Target | Boots: Hunter | Teal bracelet: Tory Burch | Gold bracelet: Boutique | Necklace: Vintage}
I threw in my green boots, purple scarf, & gold jewelry to keep in the Mardi Gras theme! I totally wish I was in New Orleans celebrating Fat Tuesday and the rest of the week with Bekah... So I'm pretending that I am! I've styled a few Mardi Gras-esque outfits that I will hopefully be lucky enough to inspire some future Louisiana looks!

Mardi Gras 2012 Bourbon St. Day Drinking



Let's all be honest... we know Bekah is enjoying some cocktails down on Bourbon St. right now, and I'm going to pretend I'm right there with her! I know the forecast down in New Orleans calls for some showers this week, so I thought a cozy cream sweater, a floral scarf, some plaid-lined boots, and a fantastic umbrella would be perfect for some bar crawling and parade watching!

Mardi Gras 2012 Team Spirit


I, myself, happen to be a Colts fan, but I know Bekah loves herself some Saints football! I know football season is over, but I'm pretty sure it's never the wrong time of the year to show some support in New Orleans! Nothing like representing your team spirit with some sparkly Toms, simple jewelry, and a fun hair accessory! Who dat?!

Mardi Gras 2012 Evening Out


I'm sure a nice evening out for some delicious Cajun cuisine (followed by beignets, of course!) would definitely be on my Mardi Gras agenda! Continuing to keep in the classic Mardi Gras color scheme, I'd go for a feminine dress and shoes, with a harder-edge jacket, unique accessories, and glittering nails!

Mardi Gras 2012 Masquerade


I was recently informed that balls of all sorts are thrown during Mardi Gras! Now, I'm not exactly a masquerade ball princess, but it's fun to dream, isn't it? There's nothing like a classic cut dress in a great color combined with bold accessories to really make a formal look POP!


Please be sure to visit me over at The Daily Dani and say hi! For now, I'm off to live vicariously through Bekah, and maybe have a homemade hurricane of my own! ;)

Later, kittens!




Photobucket